• Have a nominated Child Protection Officer
(CPO) who can be contacted by telephone. Catherine Cullen
Tel: 01209 861 424
• Ensure that policies and procedures
relating to Child Protection issues are in place in groups
that children and vulnerable adults not accompanied by their
parents/carers may attend.
• Display prominently our philosophy, the
name of the CPO and contact details as well as the contact
details for NSPCC and Childline and other relevant agencies
such as Age Concern.
• Ensure all employed staff and
volunteers [other than those who only have infrequent
contact with young people and vulnerable adults] have
enhanced level Criminal record Bureau (CRB) checks and that
their continuing suitability is monitored.
• Follow guidelines laid down by OFSTED
and Cornwall County Council code of Child Protection
especially with regard to supporting young people and
vulnerable adults, the recording and reporting of incidents.
• Provide training opportunities relating
to child protection issues.
• Where appropriate to remind hirers of
their obligations and responsibilities and the need for them
to have effective child protection policies in place.
• Our Policies and procedures will be
monitored and reviewed by Trustees regularly.